- This event has passed.
Say No – Successfully Workshop
October 11 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Parenting Success is once again offering this popular worskhop on the art of saying no.
Saying no – and communicating our boundaries is an inescapable part of life with children. Yet, many feel that this is one of the most difficult aspects of being a parent. In order to keep the peace you may find yourself saying yes when you actually mean no. Or feeling like you have to shout and get angry in order to be heard.
The good news is: There is a middle way. A way that allows you to be in charge – without compromising the connection between you and your child. Because children do want boundaries and feel safe in the company of parents who can communicate these clearly and respectfully.
Children are possibility seekers and like little scientists they will explore ways around a barrier with relentless perseverance. And that is exactly as it should be! Our job is to decide what is okay and what is not acceptable – and communicate this clearly and respectfully.
Easier said than done, right!?
Perhaps you can relate to one or more of these statements:
– You feel that your no is rarely respected
– Or that it is difficult to say no without feeling guilty.
– Perhaps you find that saying no is easy – but that the aftermath is difficult to tolerate (the reaction)
– Or you feel unclear about how to say no in a respectful way without losing authority.
The way we go about saying no and setting limits will have a huge impact on how our kids respond and on the actual outcome. Therefore, for us be heard – without having to take away TV for a week – we need to get clear on what increases the willingness for our children to listen to us!
In this workshop you will:
– Get clear on your own challenges around boundary setting.
– Learn the secret to saying no in ways that will make your child want to listen.
– Be shown the way to stop the endless negotiations that often follow a no.
– And learn to set limits and say no in a way you and your child can feel good about.
This workshop is for you -whether your child is 2 or 18. Hosted in the beautiful Medicine Garden in Cobham, this interactive parenting workshop promises hands on exercises – group participation and easy to implement stratetgies that you can apply straight away.
Once we master the art of saying no in ways that does not make the other feel wrong – it is possible for both you and our child to better listen, accept and respect.
Tea, coffee, baked goods and workshop materials will be provided.
We look forward to seeing you there,