Raising Independent Children workshop
November 1 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
The whole point of journeying from childhood to adulthood is to develop independence.
The toddler who insits ‘I can do it’ – is on an important mission. One that can at times drive her parents to the brink of insanity. It is often around this time that we end up extinguishing some of that fire that we so badly wish for when our children get older, because we fail to take the time to allow them to pour the milk, ‘clean’ the windows and ’empty’ the dishwasher – although it is hardly helpful.
Perhaps you recognise some of the following:
• Do you feel that you do too much for your children and get little in return?
• Do feel that you have become your children’s time keeper?
• Do you feel your children struggle to take responsibility for their own actions and behaviour and daily tasks?
• Do feel that your children rely on others to “problem solve” their own challenges and often get into trouble at school or at home for being dis-organised?
Or perhaps you are keen to know how you can encourage your toddler’s emerging independence.
Either way this workshop is for you!
In this dynamic workshop we will:
• Discuss the importance of children having family and personal chores and how to implement them without nagging and anger battles.
• Talk about how you can support your children to problem solve.
• Show you how you can encourage your children to take responsibility and take greater responsibitly for their time keeping and personal activities.
• Have a good look at how you can help your children to become responsible for their own action and behaviours!
• We will talk about pocket money, how much and for what!!
This workshop is ideal for parents of children of any age.
We will provide all materials and refreshments and look forward to welcoming you this interactive workshop,